Will this ever end/What a bind

Throwing in the towel for the night. I’ve slip-stitched less than a quarter of the binding and it’s taken hours. Will resume tomorrow when the light’s better and hopefully I’ll speed up.

This afternoon, during nap time (when else?), I attached the binding to my quilt and mitred the corners as I went.

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

After that, I had to do a lot of unpicking where you could see the seam I’d done round the edge when trying to see if the quilt was square before trimming it.

Tonight, I’ve begun slip-stitching the binding to the backing. Not as quick as I thought it’d be.

IMG_0480.JPG

I’ve forgone the gym in the hope I’d finish tonight but no such luck. Tomorrow is d-day then, which is a shame as I was hoping to wash it before the weekend – which is when I’m hoping to hand it over.

Here’s how it’s looking.

IMG_0481.JPG

Advertisements

The end is in sight

I was hoping to be all done today, but haven’t achieved that. Maybe tomorrow.

I started by using a damp cloth to remove the fabric marker pen. Then I ironed the quilt. This was during little man’s morning nap time.

IMG_0471.JPG

During afternoon nap time, which was longer than expected, I made the binding. After several false starts with different lengths, I worked out that I needed to cut out six inch strips so that they’d end up 5.5″, like the blocks.

IMG_0473.JPG

Picking up tonight, I’ve sewn the strips together.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

I’ve then trimmed off the excess wadding and backing. I did this with scissors first, then the rotary cutter.

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

I’m not sure it’s as square as it could be. I confirmed this by stitching a 1/4″ seam round the edge of there quilt. Which I should’ve done before trimming. Oops.

I was about to attach the binding, when I got in a pickle. I’ve made single binding but was reading instructions for double binding. So, I’ve packed up for the night. Fresh eyes tomorrow. I’ve got two fairly free days so hopefully I’ll finish it in time.

A little progress

Yesterday was a bad day in baby land, so I didn’t get any crafting done. Despite a 5am start, today was a different story. Little man had two 2-hour naps so once I’d caught up on some chores, I rewarded myself with 15 mins on my cross stitch. That’s all I got before he woke up! But he was in bed early, so with some time to kill before Zumba, I managed to get all my bunting flags pinned on to the binding ready for sewing when I’m more awake – hopefully tomorrow. One project nearing completion! And this one’s birthday isn’t til next week, so I might have completed something on time for the first time in a while 🙂